Procurement Project Manager
-Medical Devices & Healthcare Services-
12 Month Fixed Term Contract with a stat date of July / August 2020
Excellent Salary + Bonus + Excellent benefits package including Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme and Full and Comprehensive Manufacturers based Product Training
** An excellent opportunity for a procurement professional to join a global leading supplier of sophisticated medical systems **
The Company – Procurement Project Manager
My client is a worldwide leader in healthcare. This organisation’s impressive portfolio of medical imaging systems are trusted by healthcare professionals around the world.
The medical systems division is an integral part of this global technology group, employing thousands of employees worldwide. Offering 'best in class' solutions across a wide range of equipment modalities, their success is based upon a commitment to world leading manufacturing facilities, outstanding product innovation, excellent customer care and the recruitment and development of good people.
The Role - Procurement Project Manager
This market leader are now recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join their team. This is a home-based role, with frequent travel to client sites across the Midlands and the North of England.
As the Project Procurement Manager you will be responsible for integrating procurement within the project management process and project teams at an early stage. You will be organising, controlling and monitoring a range of procurement activities within each project, whilst introducing procurement strategies and optimising the deployment of resources.
- You will participate in project/sales meetings as project core team member to exert a shaping influence at an early stage and to optimise internal workflows and processes
- Establish proper sourcing processes and control all procurement resources and activities in the project
- Apply procurement regulations as per compliance and organisation standards
- Analyse customer inquiries during bid preparation / opportunity management phases and exactly understand the customer's functional needs
- Support project calculation with reliable material cost data
- Analyse scope of supply and contract agreements, carry out risk analyses and introduce negotiation recommendations
- Analyse sales and operations planning in respect of starting / new projects, assessing and controlling of material costs within the whole project business
- Derive procurement strategies in projects on the basis of Country-wide and Global-wide procurement strategies
- Head up contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports
- Provide supplier information to the project and conduct project-specific supplier evaluations
- Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces during the project together with Commodity Management
Your Background - Procurement Project Manager
Proven experience of procurement within the healthcare / medical sector
- Experience of working within a complex / matrix organisation
- CIPS Graduate (or equivalent)
- Contractual awareness
- Solid, confident communication skills
- Strong analysis skills
- Comfortable with numbers
- Presentation skills
- Good listening skills with an ability to produce clear reports
- Creative, problem solver, innovator
- Good at being able to influence others and run business meetings
The Benefits - Procurement Project Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class medical systems organisation. You will be joining a national team of engineers who take great pride in their work and who aim to build upon long term relationships with customers. You will be continually challenged as you are exposed to new technologies. You will receive constant support and guidance from senior management and your technical knowledge will be furthered through training courses. For those with the desire there are opportunities to progress your career into more technical specialist roles.
In return, the successful applicant will benefit from first class product training, recognised by the industry, which will run on an ongoing basis as new products are introduced. A generous remuneration package is also guaranteed, including competitive salary of up to £42K, generous bonus scheme, healthcare package, contributory pension scheme, phone and laptop, along with the opportunity to progress your career within a market leading organisation.
This vacancy is being advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited. The services advertised by TRS Consulting (UK) Limited are those of an employment agency and / or employment business.