Assistant Commercial Manager
You will be responsible for providing commercial support to a small portfolio of relatively simple projects, from initial opportunity identification through to contract completion.
You will be responsible for all aspects of commercial support including customer contracting, project procurement, export and import control, risk management and change control.
You may also support an experienced Commercial Manager on more complex or larger projects.
You will be a member of a dynamic commercial team led by an experienced Senior Commercial Manager, and will operate under their close supervision or that of a more senior member of the team, supporting the commercial management of a number of projects and contracts.
You will be a dynamic and enthusiastic person with strong work ethic. You will have excellent English language oral and written skills, be highly numerate, and have a lively and personable character. You enjoy debate and complex problem solving, and like to work in multi-disciplinary teams. You have a desire to learn a complex profession which is results orientated and is mentally and physically demanding.
* Works closely with the sales and project teams to structure, negotiate and close compelling customer deals to both civil and MOD markets in accordance with QinetiQ approvals.,
* Ensures that the function follows QinetiQ Commercial governance
* Works closely with other QinetiQ functions (IP, Legal, Insurance, Risk, Contracts, Projects, and Bid Management) to manage these aspects of the project, opportunity or bid to QinetiQ standards, and provide assistance and advice when required
* Manages NDAs, MoUs, Teaming Agreements, TAAs and Shareholder Agreements
* Works to achieve an advantageous risk/reward balance for QinetiQ
* Manage the post contract process, ensuring continued customer satisfaction
* No direct reports.
The role will contribute to:
* Pre-contract (bid) preparation including guidance and support on the optimum commercial model, and negotiation in support of tenders for services and associated goods
* Preparation and negotiation of all contractual agreements
* Work as part of a Divisional team and proactively participate in the early stage of proposal to establish the most appropriate commercial solution for the business
You will be involved in supporting the lifecycle of the project/contract from initial opportunity, through tendering, contract negation and placement, project delivery and closure and provide the following support:
* Administration and processing of a range of documents, information, data and statistics etc. relevant to the work of the department
* Process and complete general office administration activities within the Commercial function in line with department and statutory procedures to enable the business and the team to comply with corporate requirements
* Provide information and advice in response to enquiries to the department, referring to colleagues where necessary, so that the issue is progressed and customers receive a prompt, efficient and courteous service
* Document and record information in order that the company can provide accurate information and complete traceability of contract information
* Provide and collate project information from senior members of the Commercial function to enable preparation of team reports for reporting purposes
* Knowledge/understanding of the work of the Commercial function
* Experience in structuring, negotiating and closing deals
* A record of commercial management (with UK MoD or Defence Industry Primes would be advantageous)
* Previous experience of providing relevant advice on all commercial aspects of transactions and agreements.
* Used to managing NDAs
* Used to working with financial information and is aware of financial impacts on bids/contracts/projects.
* Previous experience of working with Business Development teams
* Proficient user of MS Word and Excel and is able to use spread-sheets to show and read financial information
* Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Proactive and responsive to customer/team needs
* Able to quickly build good working relationships with internal and external customers
* Deliver own tasks to time quality and cost
* Contributes ideas to the team and supports ideas from others
* Takes care that all data is recorded in line with current processes
* A high level of attention to detail
* Flexible and able to work within a dynamic small team environment
* Previous office experience within a similar commercial environment
* Must be able to achieve full UK SC
* Ability to travel both in the UK and overseas
* Holds a licence that enables them to drive in the UK
Travel to other QinetiQ sites may on occasion be required in order to attend customer meetings and business and project/contract meetings.
Location: QinetiQ Boscombe Down, Bristol, Farnborough or Malvern