One of the most exciting e-commerce businesses in the UK and Europe is expanding and has a role for an IT Procurement Manager to join their dynamic and fun Group Procurement team in Bristol.
This is a superb opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and positive company culture where the procurement team is growing and becoming more strategic, having been created in 2019, and technology is at the forefront of the business. Procurement is consistently looking at ways to support the business and drive forward innovation and Procurement is at the heart of the organisation.
Reporting into the Procurement Lead for Technology, you will support and contribute towards the vision to bring procurement excellence to the team. You will work across a variety of IT spend with a focus on SaaS and services, collaborating with key stakeholders and helping drive strategic decisions. The role is varied and you will be delivering savings, improving supplier performance and mitigating risk in the supply chain.
• Develop a deep understanding of the existing technology requirements and roadmap
• Work closely with international internal stakeholders, including Technology, Legal and Finance, to align functional goals and priorities with vendors
• Deliver procurement projects across IT and Telecoms spend including SaaS (software as a service), PaaS (platform as a service), software, services, etc. There is a lot of focus on 'new' technology spend including cyber security, web apps, customer preference and e-commerce.
• Build and maintain relationships with strategic IT vendors to ensure performance to contract SLAs and capitalise on opportunities
• Maintain a structured vendor performance management for Technology
• Facilitate, present and contribute to service review meetings with vendors to ensure delivery against objectives
• Negotiate with vendors, conduct contract renewals and service issue resolution
• Contribute and support Technology and Finance tams in forecasting and budgeting, including contract changes or marketing sourcing events such as RFPs and e-auctions
The ideal applicant:
• At least 5 years' procurement experience, of which at least 2 years' should be in IT/technology procurement preferably in Cloud management (AWS or Azure etc.)
• A self-motivated, level-headed and positive approach
• A curious and inquisitive nature, keen to learn and bring new ideas to the team as well as identifying new technologies that are beneficial to the business
• Experience gained in a fast moving, high pressure company culture where you have had to build procurement process and no two days are the same
• A track record of delivering savings through contract negotiation and maximising the value returned to Technology
• Experience of using modern technology concepts and systems e.g. e-auctions
• Highly developed communication skills and a proven track record of managing and collaborating with senior stakeholder relationships internally and externally
• Flexibility to think strategically but have a hands on, pragmatic approach
• Degree calibre is preferred; or MCIPs (sponsorship will be given)