Retail Store Manager in Training
£24 - 26,000 + Bonus & Great Package
This retailer is financially solid and part of a bigger European business. It sells a good quality product range from a national chain of modern and well sited stores and is still expanding in the UK opening up to 20 stores a year. It has a great culture with an excellent track record of internal progression and development.
- Candidates join as a Store Manager in Training starting with a fully expensed 3-month training program, based in a flagship London store and covering all aspects of store operations, designed to give more junior retail managers the knowledge they need to be able to run their own store.
- Following this, managers learn the practical aspects of running a store day to day by holding stores in the local area for days off, holiday periods etc before taking on their own store 3 to 6 months after joining.
- That’s it.
- Candidates will already have retail management experience but it can be from a broad variety of retail businesses.
- Be ambitious and willing to work hard to get what they want.
- Be flexible to travel between a group of local stores in order to learn from different managers.
This really is a chance for you if you feel just about ready to take on a store of your own but lack the support and training to be absolutely sure. Opportunities don’t stop there though as the company is growing and has promoted mostly from within when looking to recruit to flagship stores and Area Management. For hard working, driven and ambitious people, it could well be the last move they ever make.