Retail Horticultural Manager
£23 - 28,000 + Full Package & Benefits
A business with a long and rich heritage this retailer of all things garden and home related has invested heavily in store refurbishment, acquisition and organic expansion and is one of the best known businesses in its sector. As part of the ongoing growth and development of the business they are now looking to recruit a Horticultural Manager for this well established and high profile site
Reporting to the General Manager the role takes operational responsibility for the following:
- All day to day department operations, managing a team of General Assistants, setting and monitoring short and medium term business objectives and overseeing customer service and overall department standards.
- Control stock package and layout in order to maximise sales, ensuring a seasonal product offer remains commercially attractive and that the range of indoor and outdoor plants and sundries are well maintained, well merchandised and relevant to what is a knowledgeable and discerning customer base.
- On-site Duty Management on an ad-hoc basis.
Interested applicants will have:
- A depth of management experience within retail combined with a decent understanding of horticultural products.
- A passion for gardening and all things garden related.
Applications are invited from a broad range of retail sectors; Garden Centres and Nurseries, Supermarkets, DIY Stores, Out of Town General Merchandise businesses or any other retail operation where good standards and good service are paramount. Ultimately this role will appeal to individuals who want to broaden their knowledge and work for a household name in the Garden Centre business