You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Retail Shop Assistant
Warings Furniture is looking for a part time Retail Assistant to join our team at our Retail Furniture Shop in Norwich and become an ambassador for our brand.
Warings Furniture Ltd manufactures and supplies furniture (in Larling, Norfolk) to many of the top brand restaurants and hotels throughout the UK and we work with many designers to set the new furniture trends of the future. From our shop in Norwich we showcase these new designs and trends and bring them to the high street before they are available elsewhere. We are also stockists for Farrow & Ball.
The Retail Assistant’s role is to provide assistance and excellent customer service to all Warings Furniture’s customers.
We are looking for candidates with retail experience who are enthusiastic, cheerful and friendly. You must be of smart appearance, have an outgoing personality, be polite, naturally helpful, approachable and reliable with a “can do” attitude. You must also be confident and assertive and enjoy working with the public. Experience working within a retail furniture shop would be an advantage, but is not essential, as full training will be given.
• Participating in the day to day running of the Shop
• Advising and promoting our products to our customers
• Offering excellent customer service to our customers, responding to customer questions
• Processing sales on our online website
• Operating the till and accurately handling cash, cheque and credit/debit cards payments, cashing up at the end of the day
• Assisting in changing the displays of stock in the store
• Assisting with deliveries, unpacking stock, bar-coding stock
• Assisting with regular stock checks and annual stock takes
• Keeping the shop and displays clean and tidy at all times (including the stock room)
• Ensuring all health and safety procedures are effectively carried out and that fire exits and escape routes are kept free from obstruction
• Being vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
• Any other duties as required by Warings Furniture Ltd
• Must have previous retail experience in a similar role
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate on all levels
• Hands-on approach with a “can-do” attitude
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to approach customers and engage their interest and promote our products
• Understanding of the one-to-one consultancy of a luxury market
• Good literacy and numeracy skills with good attention to detail
• Must be a team player
• Ability to use own initiative
• Flexible approach to working time; prepared to work weekends and bank holidays
Shop Hours: Monday to Saturday - 9am to 5.30pm / Sunday 10am to 4pm
We look forward to hearing from you if you think you’ve got what it takes to drive our business forward and would like to be part of our new concept furniture shop.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.