You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Our expanding yet established and highly reputable client is seeking to recruit an Assistant Merchandiser to join their team in a rural location close to Burgess Hill.
Main Purpose of the Job
Under the direction of the Merchandiser, support the team to optimise the sales and profit of the department and company through accurate stock management, planning and analysis.
- Assist the Merchandiser in the planning of the department.
- Complete seasonal analysis for the department under Merchandiser direction, ensuring accuracy.
- Support the merchandiser in planning sales and stock phasing by line / category (line cards and/or wssi) in line with company parameters
- Update the WSSI with actual stocks and intake.
- Manage intake, highlighting any changes / issues to the Merchandiser / Buyer.
- Under direction from the Merchandiser, to ensure stock is allocated / replenished in line with the department’s allocation strategy.
- Assist the MAA in accurate stock planning and replenishment, pick and pack projects, delivery schedule maintenance, store rollouts and management of store portfolio.
- Manage staff ensuring they achieve their allocation / pick targets, ensuring any issues / discrepancies are flagged to the Merchandiser in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the Intake & Allocation forecasts to the warehouse.
- Assist in maintaining WSSI and other key merchandising documents under Merchandiser guidance.
- Assist in regular and adhoc reporting requirements as directed by the Merchandiser.
- Assist in the preparation of trade information.
- Provide accurate information on intake, space and sales.
- Manage the communication and analysis of promotions and markdowns.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Organised and methodical approach with attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, calm under pressure; assertive yet tactful.
- Able to work with all grades of hierarchy in a professional manner.
- Numerate, literate, analytical and communicative.
- Display self-motivation and enthusiasm for a career in Merchandising.
- Proactively set goals, manage priorities and take accountability.
- Aim to promote and drive Best Practice among peers.
- Help to manage and develop colleagues.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and ownership.
- Develop presentation skills to provide feedback to the team and deputise for Merchandiser.
- Adapt to change easily.
- Good understanding of the industry and competitors.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
Due to workplace location, your own transport is essential.
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
First Recruitment Services
The job: has been sent to: