You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We have an opportunity to join the Booker Group as a Merchandiser, in the Store Development Team.
Previous experience preferred and due to the nature of the role, applicants must be over 18 years of age.
As a merchandiser, you will make sure the development and merchandising of retail stores, are managed efficiently, safely and within agreed timescales and budget with minimum disruption to the customer.
This is a regional role covering the South West area around the M5 Corridor. A company car will be provided so a full clean driving licence is required. There may be on occasion overnight stays so flexibility is necessary.
In this role, you will work with the Regional Development team to ensure each store is merchandised, set up and ready for opening, as well as creating and placing retailer’s orders to deliver stock availability during merchandising programmes.
You will be working across multiple Booker Group Brands such as Budgens, Londis, Premier, Happy Shopper & Family Shopper.Package description
Apart from your salary, you’ll receive 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays / rising to 33 Days after 12 months in the role) and be entitled to join our company contributory pension scheme where we’ll match your contribution up to 5%.
You’ll also receive a discount card with 10% off at all Booker & Makro stores plus special discount days over the course of the year of up to 20%. After 6 months in the role, you will also be eligible for a Tesco Colleague Card giving 10% off. There’s also our Save As You Earn scheme which you can join each year which allows you to save tax free with the option to buy company shares at a discounted rate (T’s&C’s apply).Main responsibilities
- Providing advice to the customer on buying the right equipment solutions to utilise space effectively creating the maximum amount of space to merchandise a comprehensive range
- ensuring new and refreshed store refits include all Best Seller products
- Communicating regularly with the retail sales and business centre team to ensure they are informed of all alterations taking place as part of the store development
- Working with the retail sales team to ensure work scheduled has the minimal impact to our customers
- Complying with legal standards and company procedures
- Merchandising all areas of the store to deliver breadth of range and provide the retailer with unique selling points over the competition to drive repeat business and increase sales
- Working as part of the sales team to identify opportunities and develop or improve ways of working
- Train retailers and store teams in all aspects of merchandising best practice to ensure sustainability of policies, processes and procedures
To be successful in this role, you should have a good eye for detail, be computer literate and be a good communicator. You should be customer focused and results driven. Experience of Range & space awareness in an FMCG environment and previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial. Experience of working in a regional role and covering multiple areas is also needed.About the company
Budgens & Londis are two of the UK's leading names in the independent retail food sector with over 1500 stores and a history of over 140 years of retailing excellence. We are passionate about delivering affordable, quality products and making our customers shopping experience one where we find ways to tempt them to liven up their baskets and meet their daily needs. The brands are part of the Booker Group, the UK’s leading food wholesaler.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: