You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Salary: £10.27 per hour
An exciting opportunity to contribute to the work of a world class visitor attraction and science research centre – The Natural History Museum. As Retail Assistant you will be supporting the team with the day to day needs of the shop floor to drive sales and deliver excellent customer service.
You will ensure you are striving to provide world class customer service at all times.
Role competencies (requirements)
1 Educated to 'GCSE' Level standard (or equivalent), or above
2 Previous experience of delivering exceptional customer service in a busy environment
3 3. Experience of working within a target driven environment
4 4. A proactive, hands-on approach to work, with excellent attention to detail
5 5. Demonstrable experience of stock management
6 6. Understanding of visual merchandising techniques
7 7. Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task effectively
8 8. Cash handling skills and previous experience of using EPOS systems
Main tasks and responsibilities (job description)
* To support the NHM retail management team by being part of a shop floor team that deliver commercial and operational excellence
* To be a brand ambassador for the Natural History Museum
* Provide world class customer service to every customer.
* To help achieve targets proactively selling and promoting add-ons at the till point.
* To take responsibility for own time management, communicating to your line manager when you are unable to attend work.
* To follow guidance of the visual merchandising team to keep shop floor displays full and attractive
* To help look for and drive sales opportunities on the shop floor.
* To assist setting up shops in the morning, including starting till sessions, putting in floats
We are holding an assessment during the first week of February, along with a paid induction. The rota will start from the 9th February until the 3rd March 2019.
To apply for this position please attach a copy of your CV.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: