You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Junior Merchandiser / Buyer
We are looking for a capable and driven Junior Merchandiser / Buyer to join our team of hand-picked professionals in our Rutland office on a full time basis, covering a period of maternity leave for up to 12 months. In return you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Lands’ End is a global multi-channel retailer designing and selling American classically styled clothes. We are also a company with a great story to tell. Since 1963, we’ve earned a reputation for quality clothing, being a great place to work and providing the best customer service in the industry. In fact, we believe in our product and our people so much that everything we sell comes with an unconditional guarantee.
About the role
As our Junior Merchandiser / Buyer you will play a significant role in executing our European product strategy. You will work closely with Design, Marketing, Creative and Inventory Planning teams to ensure that product selection from the US range and new concepts are ‘in-country’ specific and brand right.
What you will be doing as our Junior Merchandiser / Buyer…
- Understanding the European market and developing products strategies to optimise market opportunities
- Building and developing excellent working relationships with USA based counterparts to ensure the development of a global Lands’ End product offer
- Developing strong working relationships with Creative and Marketing partners to ensure representation of the product offer within established brand parameters
- Category and product planning through selection from the USA range and the development of country specific unique items
- Development and delivery of both print and digital product strategies
- Financial reporting - regular reporting on sales, margin and profit performance across your product categories
- Taking part in competitive shopping, customer and competitive insight and feedback
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of German & UK markets
What you’ll need to become our Junior Merchandiser / Buyer…
- Degree / HND or similar in a related field and/or a professional qualification in fashion
- 3+ years Retail Merchandise experience gained within the clothing industry
- Experience of driving profitable growth across multi-categories
- Experience of successfully performing within a dynamic trading environment
- Strong skills in product development
- Experience of multi-channel retail clothing, including digital and catalogue
- Excellent knowledge of apparel or footwear gained within European markets
- Expertise within the German market is an advantage
A bit about you…
- Have instinct and a passion for product
- Awareness of market trends (trend forecasting) with the ability to translate this into profitable growth and measurable results
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate substantial creative or analytical ability and financial/business acumen
- Ability to make recommendations that are consistent with the brand or ‘in country’ direction
What you can expect as our Junior Merchandiser / Buyer…
- A competitive salary + Bonus (dependent upon company performance)
- A generous staff discount of 50%
- Free access to a modern, well equipped gym and pool
- A subsidies onsite restaurant – with lovely fresh food served daily
- Plus all the usual benefits you’d normally get
Our modern European Head Office with plenty of free parking is based in the highly desirable town of Oakham, Rutland. A great location, surrounded by countryside, but within an easy, 30 minute drive of vibrant neighbouring cities.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Click ‘apply’ now to become our Junior Merchandiser / Buyer.
No agencies please. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: