You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Retail General Manager
Retail General Manager
£45 - 55,000 + Co Car, Package and Bonus
A business with a long and rich heritage this retailer of all things garden and home related has invested heavily in store refurbishment, acquisition and organic expansion and is one of the best-known businesses in its sector. As part of the ongoing growth and development of the business they are now looking to recruit a General Manager for this well established and high-profile site
Reporting to the Regional Manager the role takes full operational responsibility for all day to day site operations including:
- Providing a strategic lead with regards to all short, medium and long-term business objectives
- Setting the standard with regards to customer experience and overall site look and feel.
- Controlling all site targets, budgets and finances, manage the overall EBITDA and develop the business with regards to overall stock package and layout in order to maximise sales.
- Be a figurehead to a large team and be adept at managing multiple stakeholders up and down the chain of command.
The role requires a broad and flexible management style but the business prefers strong leaders with conviction and the ability to back up their approach with sound commercial arguments. As a retailer the business sets high standards and expects their General Managers to have a similar approach. The role has total accountability for the look and feel of the site and interested candidates can expect a high degree of influence when it comes to shaping the business to meet the needs of today’s demanding customers.
Interested applicants will:
- Have a considerable depth of management experience within a high-volume food or non-food retail unit.
- Probably already be at General or Store Manager level and have a track record working with large stores, ideally with a variety of products.
Applications are invited from a broad range of retail sectors, Supermarkets, DIY Stores, Out of Town Fashion and General Merchandise businesses, Garden Centres or Electrical Superstores. The role is responsible for a large team and would suit a General Manager adept at supporting and nurturing their people. It’s a highly visible position with considerable responsibility and requires a candidate comfortable with a degree of scrutiny and able to manage the expectations of senior managers who will regularly be on-site. The store is very high profile and will only suit a manager happy in the spotlight.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Straightline Retail Recruitment
The job: has been sent to: