You can save this job and apply at a later date.
TED’s guide to what the Assistant Merchandiser does round here
- Reporting directly into a Merchandiser
- In season trading under the direction of a Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser
- Responsibility of planning and trading a number of categories working alongside a buyer.
- Maintenance & management of WSSI’S for own categories, reviewing and managing the following parameters; sales, spend & OTB, intake, carry over, stock movements, Markdown, drop stock & forward cover
- Identifying commercial repeats in season.
- Presenting at weekly Monday trade meetings
- Managing allocation & launch planning. Liaising with buying & VM team, production &
- warehouse and ensuring that stock is in the right place in order to reach sales plan.
- Attend and coordinate weekly production meetings to review and manage actual & planned intake
- Managing Markdown uploads and store communication with the allocation team
- Development and management of the allocation team.
- Schedule and manage department current and end of season analysis; colour, price point, attribute & ROS
- Supporting Merchandisers and Buyers with in season analysis to ensure sls are optimized.
- Ownership of designated store groups, optimizing performance and liaising with Senior Retail.
Good communication skills
Numerate & Analytical
Ability to multi-task
Strong in decision-making
Working under pressure
Tools of the Trade…..
Excel – Intermediate to advanced Level
AX – No experience required – training as and when required
WSSI – must have experience of managing & reforecasting own WSSI’s
The Job in more detail…
Product sign off
- Agreeing a balanced range with the buying team, and ensuring all stores in each grading have a strong offer. This will be backed up with strong analysis of previous ssn sls. Signing off with HOM & HOB and directors.
- Managing spend effectively, planning quantities, width vs depth of buy, ranging and
planned FP sell through.
Re-forecasting and OTB Management
- Every 4 weeks, agreeing Top line numbers with Merchandisers which the team will work to, reforecasting categories, managing any risk, and potentialising over-performing areas of the business.
Managing the Allocation team
- Managing to do lists and helping them prioritize work load, along with helping their development
- Work with wholesale to help meet company objectives, negotiating stock transfers during peak trading times.
- Oversee the critical paths, and checking all orders are being fulfilled as quickly as possible for your areas, and any lateness is penalised within reason.
- Speak to stores as much possible to understand the customer, product, VM stories. Improve relationships with key retail people. Action any feedback and help to profile stores when planning grading at the beginning of the season.
- Working with the HO VM team to ensure all key messages are relayed in the correct way in store, working in conjunction with the buying team
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: