You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Retail Buyer- Pet Products
As the the senior manager for the pet strategy you will scope, plan and deliver a complete and market leading pet range.
The ultimate goal should drive positive engagement throughout the year, driving growth in footfall, sales and profits.
• Lead the development and implementation of a complete and on budget, pet range for stores.
• Manage and create the seasonal set up packs in collaboration with the visual merchandising, marketing and operational teams.
• Work with the Purchasing Director to improve the pet ranges across the business meeting the demanding seasonal trading pattern of the stores.
o Develop a supply base strategy, sourcing products and ranges.
o Delivery of pet ranges in line with key business trading calendar of events and all year round.
o Team and store workload planning to maximise efficiency both logistically and financially.
o Management and scheduling to ensure consistent store set up delivered to an agreed calendar.
o Develop trading & supplier relationships to mitigate costs and improve store set up.
o Conduct regular supplier vendor buying agreements reviews, to ensure they are fit for purpose, setting in place effective trading terms and SLA’s.
• Deliver innovation through product and range development.
• Manage and control annual and phased budgets, including weekly review/reporting of KPI’s and also to resolve any stakeholder issues.
• Influence the consistent delivery of the customer offering, aiming to establish the category price position while applying an understanding of customer price perception, impacts on KPI’s, and of competitor pricing.
• Manage the regular, cost approval, invoice clearance and vendor buying agreement process.
• Attend all required meetings with relevant stakeholders e.g. Trading, Operations, Visual Merchandising, Marketing & Finance.
• Minimum of 5 years’ buying experience within the pets sector, either from a retailer, supplier or distributor.
• Experience of multi-site, deep process transformation.
• Proven track record of introducing new innovative products in line with customer demands and market trends.
• Proven track record in driving new product development, sourcing and buying a product range, identifying commercial opportunities and demonstrating real commercial acumen for trends within the marketplace.
• Proven track record of successful project management.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, with evidence of building trusted relationships to deliver the right outcomes.
• Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Be a natural trader with a proven track record for setting budgets, achieving margins, category profitability, etc.
• Possess a natural talent to analyse and understand product range, price and brand architecture.
• Strategic thinker, capable of developing robust plans to deliver the Company vision and exploit opportunities ahead of the competition.
£Excellent with 20% bonus potential and great benefits
Then please apply ASAP!
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: