You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Salary: £21,000 Basic, Company Car, Laptop, Phone, Business Expenses and Company Bonus Scheme
Location: Home Based covering South East regions
Are you ex-military and looking for a new and exciting new opportunity?
The UK’s largest and most experienced importers and wholesalers of screws, fixings, fasteners, nails and power tool accessories is seeking a Supply Merchandiser to increase the brand awareness and merchandise the company’s products on a regional basis.
You will be responsible for the South East Region, covering customers from Northampton to Southampton, however travel further afield may be required on occasion.
Although this is a non-sales role, you will need to assist other sales support team members, be able to promote new products, assist with new shop fittings, installation of racking and products demonstration, and provide customer care when required. The hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm; however you will be expected to spend nights away from home on occasion (overnight stay and meals covered as well as an overnight bonus).
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
- Merchandise the client’s products on a regional basis in conjunction with the Regional Business Consultant
- Attend demonstration days at the customer premises
- Provide product training for distributor staff and end users
- Manage stock cleansing and liaise with customer services
- Recognise opportunities of additional business and feed this back to the Regional Business Consultant
- Manage stock control of merchandising stands and marketing material
- Help with new shop fittings and racking installation including lifting, moving and rearranging of racking and manual handling (in some case carrying stands of 75kg as well as 25kg boxes)
- Selling promotions and promote new products
- Wear the company’s branded clothing and PPE as provided
- Manage expenses incurred including a full mileage log of personal and business use.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Smart and professional appearance
- Confident and outgoing personality
- High level of communication skills
- Good IT skills (Excel)
- Good commercial awareness of opportunities
- Ability to work as part of the sales team and help their colleagues when required
- Able to stay away from home when required and show flexibility
- Excellent product knowledge with training provided
- Experienced driver with a Full Driving Licence
There may be possible opportunity to progress within the business depending upon performance and availability of opportunity.
Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.30pm, no weekends required however flexibility is a must due to occasional overnight stays.
21 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Business Expenses (including meals)
Company Bonus Scheme
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Forces Recruitment Services Ltd
The job: has been sent to: