You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Buying Manager - Grocery Retail
Ocado is a pioneering online grocery delivery service that is revolutionising the way people shop for food. Unlike old-fashioned supermarkets, we don't rely upon a network of large chain superstores, but on a 'centralised distribution' business model. We depend on innovative technology-driven solutions to deliver our world class service. We're still growing fast, so we're on the lookout for people with extraordinary drive, passion and talent to help keep us moving forward at a pace.
We are looking to appoint a Buying Manager to take overall responsibility for certain grocery categories within Ocado’s product range and to continually develop key supplier relationships.
The Buying Manager will ensure the product range (within the category) is optimised to the customer and matches Ocado’s business strategy. Furthermore, they will be heavily involved in supplier account management and negotiation; will work closely with the Own Brand team to develop the growth of Ocado Own Brand and co-ordinate and manage promotional and media activity.
You will work closely with Analysts to implement and achieve agreed targets and support the roll out of new frameworks, processes and reporting systems.
The Buyer will also oversee Buying Assistants who are responsible for pricing, promotions, range management and website layout/advertising.
To apply for this position you will:
- Have proven experience in a trading or buying role – preferably within an FMCG, retail or wholesale business, experience of grocery is not essential.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent negotiation skills coupled with experience of category management practice.
- Proven record of achieving results and good analytical abilities
- With excellent communication skills and strong problem solving abilities
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: