You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Merchandiser to join a luxury brand, based in beautiful offices in Luton. Fantastic benefits, including 25 days annual plus your birthday off, product discounts, café facilities, and a great working environment!
Our client is a successful fashion brand with an excellent reputation and the highest standards of professionalism. They provide a great working environment, and have continued expansion plans moving into 2019.
Reporting to the CEO and COO, the merchandiser will be overseeing the merchandising department to maximise sales and profit through effective management of stock levels/promotions and stock analysis for forward planning, in accordance with corporate strategy.
The ideal candidate will be an established Merchandiser, who is driven, energetic and looking for a new opportunity to develop their experience further with a successful and exciting brand.
- Forecast and plan all product ranges for forthcoming seasons, including sales and promotions
- Ensure in-season activity delivers the projected forecast
- Control and manage the departmental budget
- Devise an appropriate sales strategy in line with company objectives in order to maximise sales and protect margin
- Analyse all sales figures, and anticipate product needs, planning product ranges and stock
- Ongoing analysis of past sales and stock levels, retirement stock and promotions
- Organise and brief relevant teams and stores on new stock, retiring stock, new promotions and new seasons
- Prepare and coordinate all appropriate sales and trade reports on a regular basis for Directors
- Work with Buying team seasonally to plan product range, ensuring adequate stock to fulfil sales forecast and all seasonal retail opportunities
- Responsible for building, maintaining and improving the ‘Business Objects’ reports
- Reviewing and controlling stock levels on a weekly basis and arranging for additional stock to be delivered as appropriate
- Attending regular meetings with Directors and Senior Management, presenting detailed updates around product availability
- Identify sales/profitability opportunities – constant analysis of price architecture
What the client is looking for:
- At least 5 years within a merchandising environment, ideally within fashion
- Management experience
- Strong knowledge of reporting systems
- Naturally confident verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commerciality
- Highly efficient at time management and meeting deadlines
- Highly confident in making decisions
- Analytically minded
- Experienced at strategically reviewing sales figures
- Excellent Excel skills
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: Competitive!
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- Product discount
- Café facilities
- Modern beautiful offices and a great environment!
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
Please note that due to the number of applications we often receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Red Door Recruitment Ltd
The job: has been sent to: