You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Deputy Shop Manager
We are looking for an experienced and creative Deputy Shop Manager to assist in the smooth operation of our two charity shops situated in St John’s Wood and Finchley Road.
Working closely with the Area Shop Manager to ensure that the shops are effectively managed, this role requires someone with excellent drive and proven experience in the charity sector.
St John’s is a free of charge Hospice which treats over 4,000 terminally ill patients and their families each year. The Hospice is supported by charitable funds from The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth, and this position will form part of the fundraising team, supporting the Hospice’s fundraising department which raises over 2.2M a year.
Am I the right person for this Deputy Shop Manager role?
- Successful experience in a supervisory role in retail- preferably charity retail sector
- Experience of managing or working with volunteers
- Retail experience, to include cash handling, merchandising, display, working with customers and stock control
What are the Responsibilities of this Deputy Shop Manager role?
- To assist the Area Shop Manager to maximise net profit in the charity shops through helping to develop and implement operational plans to drive sales, manage stock and control costs.
- To help manage shop activities and achieve set targets
- To be able to cover the Area Manager when they are not present
Why apply for this role as Deputy Shop Manager?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 30 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
- Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
- Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
- Ongoing training and development programmes
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work loan scheme
- Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
- Childcare vouchers
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth
The job: has been sent to: