You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Area Retail Co-ordinator
AIS have an exciting opportunity available for an Area Retail Co-ordinator. Based in Solihull you will join on a full time, permanent basis and in return will receive a competitive salary + company car plus business mileage and expenses,25 days holiday plus 8 paid bank holidays.
With extensive travel across the UK and Ireland (being out of the office 3 -4 days a week) thisArea Retail Co-ordinator role will require you to undertake regular member store visits to an agreed journey plan, ensuring timely preparation for the visit. You will also build strong working relationships with the store owners and their staff as you guide and support them with their visual merchandising, promotional campaigns and strategy.
Area Retail Co-ordinator responsibilities include:
- Work closely with all allocated stores providing support and guidance and building positive relationships
- Supporting the wider retail division to ensure consistency, providing store and back office support
- Understand all aspects of strategy including ranges, pricing, sales / promotions, merchandising, marketing and stock
- Responsible for continued development to ensure up to date knowledge and a commercial understanding of the Housewares industry and division
- Monitor targeted / budgeted sales, margin, stock turn and contribution taking appropriate action to drive profitability and reduce costs
- Support the Retail Division Manager in the range reviews and budget meetings, providing feedback and analysis from stores
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the promotional events
- Proactively identify new ideas to generate sales working at all levels and using creativity and commercial flare
What we’re looking for in our AreaRetail Co-ordinator:
- Experience in merchandising is essential
- Creative flairto be able to support stores with visual merchandising and store set up
- Commercial and customer focused
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Results orientated with a drive to achieve and excel
- A supportive, reliable and flexible team player with a positive outlook
- Self-motivated with a passion for retailing and a creative flare
- Affinity for housewares would be an advantage
- Self-sufficient and able to adapt to different working environments
- Computer literate with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Extremely organised and able to work to deadlines
- Full clean driving licence as this role involves extensive UK travel
AIS Retail Division is a service offered to AIS members, providing full budgeting, sourcing and merchandise management of the Housewares categories. It appeals to retailers who have encountered difficulties recruiting buyers or those who wish to supplement their own buying expertise. Others may want help to expand into a completely new product area where in house resources are limited.
If you feel you have the skills and experience needed to become the Area Retail Co-ordinator at AIS then please click ‘apply’ today! We’d love to hear from you.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Associated Independent Stores Ltd
The job: has been sent to: