You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Our purpose at Heron is to “provide top quality products at the lowest possible prices every day in every store”. We have a strong culture of providing exceptional customer service and our Company Values create a working environment that is friendly, efficient, fun and rewarding.
With ambitious growth plans to open further stores throughout the UK we are really going places, and we are looking for like-minded retail professionals to join our journey of success.
If you are a Retail Manager who is looking for an opportunity to manage and drive forward your own store, develop and coach a talented team, and provide exceptional customer service, then read on…..
Position: Store Manager (Field Based)
Location: Manchester Area
Salary: Up to £25k, plus bonus
Type: Full Time / Permanent
Hours: 45 hours per week
What our Store Managers do:
- They ensure the efficient operation of their store to maximise sales profits
- They lead, inspire and motivate their team
- They act as brand ambassadors for Heron
- They ensure our customers receive unrivalled customer service
- They deliver exceptional store standards
- They continually seek and implement improvements for both the customer and store performance
Successful candidates will:
- Have previous store management experience, preferably in a food retail environment
- Have experience managing a team including: training, recruitment, performance management, employee relations
- Have a full understanding of food retail legislation and procedures
- Have previously been accountable for store KPIs including stock control, store standards, sales and wages
- Take pride in managing their own store and providing an exceptional service to customers
- Be a self-starter who thrives in a working environment that is fast paced and at times demanding
- Have a hands-on approach and be happy to get stuck in!
What you get in return:
- The chance to work in a unique working environment that is fun, challenging and rewarding
- A competitive salary
- Generous bonus scheme
- 30 days annual leave
- Accrual of additional leave for long service
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount (in Heron Foods and our sister Company B&M)
- Development opportunities. We love nothing more than seeing our colleagues progress!
If you like what you’ve read, and you have the ambition and drive to succeed within a rapidly expanding business, then we want to hear from you.
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Management, FMCG, Branch Manager, Wholesale, Retail Team Leader, Fresh Produce, Supermarket Manager, Convenience Store Supervisor, Grocery Retail Manager, Discount Store Supervisor, Discount Retailer, etc.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Heron Foods/B&M Express
The job: has been sent to: