You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Retail Parts and Showroom Sales person
Retail Parts & Showroom Salesperson
Our client has been established for over 100 years, is Family owned and very successful.
We are looking for a Parts & Showroom Salesperson to assist with their retail sales in Sutton at Hone.
Someone with a background within a Retail/Trade counter Parts role, or Sales Assistant within a Garden centre, DIY background (B&Q, Homebase, Wyvale, Selco, Travis Perkins etc) would be ideal
Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day retail sales within the showroom which will include Parts, Hardware and Clothing sales. Your role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times by dealing with all queries relating to the products and services supplied by the Company either face to face or over the telephone.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face to face, letter, email and fax
- Familiarity of working in a retail environment and showroom experience (desirable)
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Sales experience
- Full driving license
- Smart & presentable appearance
- Motivated by sales and targets
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- A team player-capable of working alone or with other team staff
- Able to use own initiative
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
Start Date: Immediate, but subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Dartford, Kent, DA4 9HQ
Hours: 39hrs per week basic – 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm Friday. Saturdays as per rota (8am to 1pm)
Overtime paid at time and a half on completion of 39hrs Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Full time,
Salary: £Competitive, depending on experience
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay Scheme, Workplace pension, Childcare vouchers, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Key words: Parts advisor, Automotive, Trade counter, builders merchant, retail, sales assistant
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
I and M Consulting
The job: has been sent to: