You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Junior Merchandiser / Buyer (Maternity Cover)
About the role
You will play a significant role in executing our European product strategy. You will work closely with Design, Marketing, Creative and Inventory Planning teams to ensure that product selection from the US range and new concepts are ‘in-country’ specific and brand right. Your other responsibilities will include:
* Understanding the European market and developing products strategies to optimise market opportunities.
* Building and developing excellent working relationships with USA based counterparts to ensure the development of a global Lands’ End product offer.
* Developing strong working relationships with Creative and Marketing partners to ensure representation of the product offer within established brand parameters.
* Category and product planning through selection from the USA range and the development of country specific unique items.
* Development and delivery of both print and digital product strategies.
* Financial reporting - regular reporting on sales, margin and profit performance across your product categories.
* Taking part in competitive shopping, customer and competitive insight and feedback.
* Developing and maintaining knowledge of German & UK markets.
What you’ll need
* Degree / HND or similar in a related field and/or a professional qualification in fashion.
* 3+ years Retail Merchandise experience gained within the clothing industry.
* Experience of driving profitable growth across multi-categories.
* Experience of successfully performing within a dynamic trading environment.
* Strong skills in product development.
* Experience of multi-channel retail clothing, including digital and catalogue.
* Excellent knowledge of apparel or footwear gained within European markets.
* Expertise within the German market is an advantage.
You will need to possess an instinct and a passion for product as well as an awareness of market trends (trend forecasting) with the ability to translate this into profitable growth and measureable results. Strong interpersonal skills are essential as there is frequent communication with your key business partners. You will also need to demonstrate substantial creative or analytical ability and financial/business acumen, with the ability to make recommendations that are consistent with the brand or ‘in country’ direction.
* A competitive salary + Bonus (dependent upon company performance)
* A generous staff discount of 50%
* Free access to a modern, well equipped gym and pool
* A subsidies onsite restaurant – with lovely fresh food served daily
* Plus all the usual benefits you’d normally get
Lands’ End is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, real value and a simple two-word promise to stand behind everything it sells: “Guaranteed. Period”. Lands’ End delivers timeless style for Men, Women, Kids and the Home and with over 50 years of experience, Lands’ End is renowned for its culture of service for the customer. Lands’ End is publicly traded and listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol (LE).
When you choose to launch a career at Lands’ End you will join a team of hand-picked professionals who are all focused on one thing: servicing our customers one at a time. And, as a company we carry this same philosophy to take care of each employee the best way we can.
So if you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’ where you will be directed to a short online application which will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete.
Agencies – we know you will be interested but please do not contact us, we are managing this recruitment ourselves. Only direct applicants will be considered.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: