You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Part Time Retail Assistant - Aberdeen
Location - City Wharf, Shiprow
Working Hours - 20 Hours per week over Monday-Saturday
Nisbets is the UK's largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world to both trade and public, and we continue to grow from strength to strength. As a result we are currently looking for a Retail Assistant to join our store in Aberdeen on a part time basis.
We are a small but passionate team with an emphasis on being product experts. As Retail Assistant your main focus will be on growing our network of regular customers and supporting our trade customers with complex orders; over the phone, via email and in store. You will also be responsible for replenishing stock, ensuring the store looks clean, tidy and professional and handling cash/ card transactions
As a Retail Assistant your main responsibilities will be:
- Advising customers on products and assisting with general queries
- Serving customers at the tills in a polite and professional manner
- Replenishing stock and ensuring the store looks clean, tidy and professional
- Handling cash/ card transactions
- Showing warmth, personality and enthusiasm for the products
- Continuing to develop on product knowledge and any promotions or offers
- Processing sales, exchanges and returns efficiently and accurately
To apply for this role your experience and skills should include:
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service environment
- Experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- A Catering background or an interest in cooking would be an advantage but is not essential
You may have heard of us, you may not, but the chances are you will have eaten off of one of our plates or taken a drink from one of our glasses without ever realising. We provide a huge range of catering equipment to a wide variety of businesses. We probably provide the machine for your essential morning cappuccino along with the exquisite tableware at your favourite restaurant.
We are the UK's market leading catering equipment supplier providing the best quality products at a great price with next day delivery. Established as a small family business in 1984 to the global operation of today, growth and innovation is what sets us apart and makes us unique.
We employ a great team of more than 2,200 people around the World to help make it all possible and we believe that it is an exciting time to join Nisbets. With our values at the heart of everything that we do we are a diverse and fast - moving business with ambitious plans for growth
You will be well rewarded for your hard work, not only will you be part of a growing business but we'll make sure you have the right training and progression opportunities that will provide you with an opportunity to develop your career.
- All of our colleagues are enrolled in to a pension scheme, you pay in and we will too
- For peace of mind we provide Life Assurance to cover three times your basic salary
- We reward our people with a bonus of up to £200 or 4 days of annual leave for their attendance
- Need a few more days leave? We have a holiday buying scheme offering you the chance to purchase up to 5 days
- With our Profit Share Scheme a proportion of the company's profits are shared amongst our colleagues annually as recognition for all of your hard work
- We offer excellent discounts across all of our products - and there are lots to choose from!
- You'll receive 20/ 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Nisbets Catering Equipment
The job: has been sent to: