You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Store Manager - Beauty
The General Merchandise business at Ocado is experiencing rapid growth both via ocado and in the creation of our new ‘destination’ sites (fetch, sizzle and fabled) which specialise in specific categories.
Ocado General Merchandise now runs two ‘bricks and mortar’ stores which support Fabled and Fetch. The role will be responsible for two store locations in London, predominantly our beauty store, Fabled, based on Tottenham Court Road. The role may also require intermittent travel to Head Office in Welwyn Garden City for meetings.
The successful applicant will manage and inspire a store team to meet sales budgets whilst ensuring exemplary customer service. This role would suit a passionate and experienced retail professional with excellent verbal communication skills.
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- Managing budgets and motivating the team to hit targets
- Ensuring appropriate POS is live in time for promotions/events
- Ensuring our stores are always well presented and enticing for customers
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- working with the appropriate Head Office functions to manage stock, promotions, pricing etc
- ensuring compliance inc buildings, PCI and health and safety
- Continuously improving front and back of house areas, systems, technology with an emphasis customer service and efficiency
- Managing the security of the building in collaboration with both private security firms and the police
Who we are looking for:
- An experienced individual; previous experience successfully managing a store(s) is essential
- A great communicator. It is very much a team based role so you must be adept at building and maintaining relationships within the team, the wider business and with our brands/customers.
- Creativity. Our stores have distinct personalities and ambitious targets so we are looking for someone with a proven track record of idea generation to work with our brands and staff to develop sales and encourage customer retention
- A customer-centric individual looking to drive exceptional customer service among a team
- Commercial awareness; we need someone who is keen to understand the business’/customer needs and reflect that in the way they work
- Proactive and confident individual motivated by results
This is a great opportunity for you to develop your career with a company that is changing the way people shop and where your creativity will directly impact our customers.
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: