You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We are looking for an experienced Sundries Manager / Shop Manager / Department Manager.
Overall Purpose To lead and manage staff in the achievement of the business goals through delivering an outstanding customer experience by delivering consistently high standards of service, merchandising, housekeeping and product management
* To lead, train and motivate the team to achieve outstanding customer service and are able to provide customers with a horticultural advice service.
* To deputise for the Assistant Store Manager in his/her absence
* To recruit, develop and appraise staff to ensure that all team members have the product knowledge and customer service skills required for the effective performance of their roles
* To drive the achievement of departmental sales targets by ensuring retail standards are achieved with inspirational displays and merchandising.
* To assist the Garden Manager in the achievement of employment budgets by effectively managing and controlling staffing levels and rotas.
* Liaise with the Category Manager to manage promotions, stock levels, quality issues, sales performance, customer requests and any other relevant aspects of plant retailing.
* Ensure the stock offer is always of the highest standard in terms of quality, presentation and merchandising and re-order as appropriate within parameters agreed with the Category Manager.
* Maximise the profitability of the department by effective management of shrinkage within through security awareness, careful stock management and good housekeeping practices * Ensure that all staff in the team have access to all information they require to carry out their roles through a structured communication process and regular team meetings * To manage staff performance in accordance with company policies ensuring any area of underperformance is addressed.
* Lock and unlock the garden centre on a rota basis as required
* To ensure that there is a safe working environment within the department for customers, staff and visitors and all statutory and company Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered utilising the Safety Cloud Management system.
* Undertake any other duties as requested by the Operation Manager/ Garden Centre Manager as may be required from time to time
About Roots Recruitment
Roots Recruitment is a market leading retail search agency specialising in Area Managers, Store Managers, Garden Centre Managers, Department Managers, Buyers and plant area manager / Horticulture Managers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.