You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Retail Sales Assistant
Retail Sales Assistant
Up to £21,000 + commission
Our client, a leading manufacturer and distributor, is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a flair for interior design to join their store team on a full-time, permanent basis. The client is a dynamic and established organisation with a proven record of continued growth.
Reporting to the Retail Manager, you will work successfully as part of the established shop team and will take responsibility for providing advice and guidance to customers in a professional yet personable manner.
- Greeting customers; advising each individual according to needs and requirements
- Completing sales effectively
- Providing the customer and company with the necessary documentation post sale
- Keeping up to date with current sales and promotions as well as policies regarding payment and exchanges
- Continuously updating product knowledge
- Maintaining sales records
- Staying vigilant daily – handling security risks efficiently
- Recommending, selecting, and helping to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer need
- Describing the range of products and explaining, in detail, the use, operation, and care of them to customers.
- Visual merchandising to correctly display stock
- Replenishing stock as and when required
- Ensuring good housekeeping
- Ad hoc duties as required
Suitable candidates will:
- Have retail sales experience from a current or previous role
- Be able to work successfully towards team sales targets
- Have the ability to provide excellent levels of customer service on a daily basis
- Be passionate about design concepts and proposals and will be able to present these to customers
- Have a flair for design and colour
- Have GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with customers on a consultancy basis
- Be creative, imaginative and energetic
- Ideally have a valid driving licence
- Be willing to transport stock from the warehouse to shop floor and to customer’s vehicles when required
- Be willing to work some weekends as part of the staff rota
- Be IT literate
- Be reliable and able to work unsupervised
If you feel this could the right opportunity for you, email your CV to us directly or call for more information.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
The job: has been sent to: