You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Trade Counter Sales Assistant
Trade Counter Sales Representative
£16,000 - £18,000pa
28 days holiday (including statutory) + quarterly bonus scheme + entitlement to discounts on various products + extensive opportunities for career development
This thriving Cotswold-based business has gone from strength to strength in recent years and due to continued growth, is currently seeking a Trade Counter Sales Representative to join their team.
This is a permanent, full time position.
Reporting to the Trade Shop Manager, you will be responsible for serving and advising customers, dealing with incoming calls and keeping abreast of stock levels in a well maintained shop. Your key tasks are listed below.
- To ensure that customers are served quickly and efficiently on the trade counter.
- To answer the telephone promptly
- To ensure that stock levels are maintained in your allocated areas and advise when other stock areas are low
- General house keeping. Making sure shelves are well stocked and tidY
- To take in deliveries from suppliers, check then either put them away or release for deliverY
- To help with booking in all goods from suppliers with 2 hours
- To help load our own transport
- To pass on any information to your manager or assistant manager which could increase sales , i.e. sales leads or new stock lines
- Maintain profit margins
- By talking to customers look for add on sales or other items they might require
- To do PPI’s when requested
- To help with booking in stock
- To work together as a team to achieve these tasks both with people in your department and the rest of the company
- To comply with health and safety regulations
- Follow the correct procedures of the IT system
- Achieving sales and budget targets set out and agreed with your line managers.
From time you will be expected to carrry out other duties in addition to those listed above that are within your skill and capability.
- Ideally, a confident and personable individual who is conscientious and self-motivated is sought. Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills are also required as the role will involve a lot of liaison with colleagues and customers.
- You must be proficient with MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- It would be useful if you have some trade experience, having previously carried out some counter sales within a plumbing, heating, electricians or construction industry environment, having previously sold items such as boilers, showers, radiators or tools for example.
- Trade counter experience within the building trade is not essential, however, and if you are practically-minded and keen to learn, then this would suit a trainee level individual very well too.
- Somebody who is conscientious and hardworking with plenty of common sense and who is quick to learn is sought.
Hours of work:
Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm or 8am – 5pm
Every other Saturday 7:30am – 11:30am
- Extensive opportunities for career development
- 28 days holiday (including statutory)
- Competitive salary
- Entitlement to discounts on various company products
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend further training courses through the company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and prestigious company that has worked with high profile clients, including celebrity homes in the Cotswolds and further afield.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Straight Bat Recruitment Ltd
The job: has been sent to: