About the team:
The team sits in our retail function and looks after the homewares & furniture category. They are responsible for the customer offer and the commercial performance. The category turns over £240m, with the team managing ~35k products, working collaboratively with our key suppliers, of which there are over 500 in total to develop ranges and products our customers will love!
The buying team is made up of a team of 30, who work collaboratively with the merchandising, commercial and sourcing teams as well as cross functionally with key business areas such as marketing and operations.About the role:
Reporting directly into the Fashion, Sports, and Home Trading Director, the Head of Buying for Home is responsible for leading the buying team to set the strategy and develop ranges across both own brand and branded, owning supplier and brand relationships and commercial agreements.
We have bold ambitions in Home and see significant growth potential through developing our end-to-end offer, serving customers better than ever before. You will develop and execute the category plans to deliver this, partnering with and influencing key stakeholders across the business to gain the required support.More responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the financial performance of the department. Delivering demand, sales, and profitability targets
- To lead, manage and motivate the Home category team. Cultivating one highly engaged team driven by business performance
- Responsible for the end-to-end category strategy across brand and own brand aligning to the business strategy. Ensuring a competitive range assortment that is reflective of the strategy and centred on our core target customer
- Analyse sales and profitability data and ensure optimum delivery of the right assortment to ensure growth and profitability of the range
- Partner with the sourcing team to ensure to develop our own brand supply base, ensuring we have the capabilities to deliver the required range and product plans
- Be responsible for the own brand and branded supplier relationships, building strategic partnerships and aligned joint business plan with our key partners. Developing a clear plan of new brands, leading the acquisition and on-boarding
- Working with senior stakeholders across The Very Group to develop and implement suitable business transformation responding to internal and external drivers
- Established Home & Furniture buying experience (sourcing experience is desirable but not essential)
- Strong experience and credentials in building and developing successful product ranges across Home
- A passion for the category and the product
- Experienced in developing category strategy through to delivery
- Proven track record in delivering change successfully and at pace
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to manage, engage and collaborate with a wide range of key stakeholders
- Improving team capabilities, building a diverse and inclusive team
Some of our benefits
- Flexible, hybrid working model
- £10,000 flexible benefits allowance to suit your needs
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus potential (performance and business-related)
- Up to 25% discount on (url removed)
- Matched pension up to 6%
- More benefits can be found on our career site
How to apply
Please note that the talent acquisition team are handling this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
What happens next?
Our talent acquisition team will be in touch if you’re successful so keep an eye on your emails! We’ll arrange a short call to learn more about you, as well as answer any questions you have. If it feels like we’re a good match, we’ll share your CV with the hiring manager to review, and then be in touch to move to the interview process. Our interview process is tailored to each role and can be in-person and remotely. We will always look to make the adjustments you need to bring your best self to interview.
We’re The Very Group – home to (url removed) and a 3,250-strong team of super hard-working people, all passionate about making good things easily accessible to more people, so they can live life well. We combine amazing brands and products with flexible payment options that help people say yes when it matters most.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.